Nebulaee & Flmb Records  (Sintra, Portugal)


1)What has been the path of Nebulaee as an artist, first inspirations & inputs ?

Ive started drying In 1999 listening to my oldest brother playing records, and thats when I started going out and listening to renowned djs. At that time I was only dying, and it was only a decade later that I started going into the production world. I was heavily influenced by the west side American House scene, from labels like Tango, Siesta, 6400 Crew or Artists like masters at work, Joeski, Jay Tripwire and so on.

2)What was the idea Between the Nebulaee concept & Flmb records? Are there any particular references or musicals inputs? Which Portuguese artists have influenced and shaped the sound of Nebulaee?

In relation with my label FLMB I always wanted to release music that I could include I my sets, one of my main goals is to have a full case full of FLMB Records and manage to play for hours with it. As far as Portuguese artists go, Mario Roque, Luis Leite, Urban Dreams or Dj Vibe I would definitely make part of that list, and labels like Kaos or Nylon from Portuguese legend Tó Ricciardi.

3)What are the Habits of Nebulaee, Lifestyle? How did you find your time to be so prolific between Labels, day time job, family and you as an Artist? Are you living far from Lisbonne?

So Im working full time during the day, so any spare time I have I usually divide it between family and studio. That's basically my life cycle right there. I live in Sintra which is a quiet place near Lisbon, and has the tranquility I need to be at peace with my family and music.

4)Can you give us a short description of your sound as DJ/producer ? How did you connect with Terence :Terry:? Are there any others releases /projects you want to mention from you or?

I could label my music first and foremost as experimental in the sense that I always like to experiment with different sounds and textures that are yet to be explored. Believe it or not where I find my sweet spot is sometimes to explore the errors I make. I met Terrence a bit before the pandemic started but I was already a big fan of his work and Record label. I have a project which I’m part of called Lifestyling, a collective of like minded people and artists which their main focus is to bring a bit of joy in these dark times. We are growing steadily in the Lisbon scene and Im proud to be part of it. In regards to my label FLMB / Flammable Records I have 3 new releases in the pipeline, waiting to see the light of day very soon, but unfortunately I cannot disclose more about it at this time.

5)Give us five favorites YouTube music links, any style that represents the world/style of Nebulaee?

My sets have always been quiet diverse, I would say that I try to cover all corners of House Music. One day someone told me that I play house like if it was techno, which I think describes well the type of vibe I try to transmit while I’m playing.