INTERVIEW WITH RUSSIA'S RISING STAR VADIM SHATALOV:


What was your major influence in Russia when u start deejaying ?

When I was teenager I listened hip-hop, such as Tribe Called Quest, J Dilla, Nas, Mobb Deep, Notorious B.I.G, De La Soul and more… And one moment I got into electronic music.

In 2008 I buyed my first vinyl pack & my first turntables. After few month i did organize small party where played my friends & good local djs. Soon i started to make regular parties called Freakadelica and invited Terence :Terry:, Kevin Griffith, Varoslav, Jozif, James What. Same time I began to curate of RTS.FM in St.Petersburg.

How will you describe the Scene , Label , Promotors in Russia & Saint Petersburg ?

In St.Petersburg many cool places, but for me its Mosaique, Stackenschneider, BLANK and summer project Hi-Hat !

How did u connect with Terence Terry ? 

I always supported Terence production and in 2012 I booked him on my party Freakadelica. I think it was bomb party!

Choose 5 links on You tube with titles , who will describe the World of Shatalov ?

Knarf Skipson - The Hug

Anton Zap - Everyday Could Be Like Diz

Patrick Specke ‎- Bitchual Linestepper

Alejandro Vivanco – Lemon Lab

Kassem Mosse – Demo Drums Ripping