Harrison Morris. New Talent borned in Australia, Sydney. 


1) Presentation, Influences, How did u arrive into electronic?

Grew up in Sydney all my life. Listened to 90s rap and hip hop for as long as I can remember. I wish I was introduced to house music and everything that comes with it earlier but it wasn’t to be. Growing up in suburban Sydney never really saw house music cross paths so I was a little late to the party. From day one I couldn’t stand cheesy top 40 stuff that majority of people I grew up with were listening to (and still do today), my feet wouldn’t move to that music so I whenever I heard more sophisticated grooves my ears were always pricked. My mate Justin was making moves as a dj and eventually began hanging out more with him. Eventually I found myself watching him produce for months on end and slowly my suggestions would make their way into his tracks until we started collaborating. After that there was a bit of a hiatus as I studied film and started working full time in the film industry. I was naturally brought back to producing and after a summer in Europe returned home and started focusing on it with intent. Tiefschwarz’s Misch Masch cd randomly played at a house party once and that resonated with me also the second I heard it. Hearing that the first time got me into exploring the better realms of dance music. I attend Subsonic Music Festival each December. Year in year out it provides me with a fresh dose of inspiration heading into the new year. Last year Archie Hamilton and Sonja Moonier played one after another and that was game changing. They set such a high level of performance it was amazing. I love no bullshit grooves and there are so many producers that inspire me however Archie Hamilton, Fabe, Michael James, Lizz, iO Mulen, Rich Nxt, Apollonia, John Dimas, Hanfry Martinez and Cristi Cons take the cake.

2) How would u describe the scene in Sydney? What are the strong collectives & labels rising ?

The Sydney scene is very strong. There are so many areas within house music that are flourishing so I’ll just focus on what I’m into. S.A.S.H is still the staple of the scene packing out both day and night events every Sunday and always touring the best artists from around the world. On the more minimal side of things Mantra Collective are constantly pushing their brand based around big minimal acts and a crew of residents and brands associated with them include Bare Essentials and Roots. Then there is a bunch of party starters called Conspiracy, a big crew of young dudes and have just started a new label off the back off their events. Young talent Tyson Bruun’s Lokomotiv brand is going form strength to strength backing up his global Lokomotiv podcast by launching his vinyl only label showcasing the world’s best minimal artists. He’s already had SIT and Sublee involved. I am part of crew called By Your Side run by mate Jimmy Galvin, more of a mix bag of artists and dj’s who all have their own niche, direction and ambitions in the scene. There are some world class producers in Sydney who are getting signed on great labels around the world. Venda’s tracks showcase his minimal skills where his tracks cross the lines between an artwork, soundscape and an intertwined steady groove. He’s had releases on BodyParts and Inwave with several already scheduled for next year. Sun Archive (Mike Witcombe) is a favourite artist of mine and his release on Hoarder Records this year was amazing. He is backing it up with a new ep coming out on Politics of Dancing. Monika Ross has moved back from London and her releases date way back. She mentioned recently a load of rerelease drip feeding out heading into next year. Lastly my good mate Litmus is making huge moves all over with his swingy and unique approach. He has a catalogue of tracks coming out, most recently and EP on Signature records. Currently he is being supported by Archie Hamilton, Yaya, Rich Nxt, Ferro…. the list goes on. Keep an eye out for him.

3) How is it to live so far away from Europe & Us? way of life ,average day when u r not working?

Sydney and Melbourne have a strong scene so we are lucky enough to always have a weekly influx of names from Europe. Although Sydney is an amazing place to live its way too far from anywhere. Lots of planning ahead is needed to make a trip happen. No spur of the moment trips happens unfortunately (for me anyway). Getting to the beach during summer is pretty much clock work for most. Our Summers come early and stay late which is awesome. Winter is never too hard to get through in this part of the world. When I’m not working I’m usually trying to get in as much studio time as possible these days or heading out to an event every other weekend. 


4)How did u connect with Terence & La Vie En Rose?

We met through having a bunch of mutual friends online. Got chatting early in 2016 then 18 months later when I felt the time was right I flicked a big play list of demos his way and after he tested a few of them over some club and festival gigs in Europe his response was wanting to do an EP. It was amazing to get that news and its an honour to now be on a label associated with so many of my favourite artists. 

5)Have u got residency in Sydney? Futures plans & Releases

I guess my association with the By Your Side crew is my residency. My job is so time consuming so I’m still trying to find the right balance with work, studio time and gigs. It’s not ideal and can be a struggle working after a long day at work but must be done! After my release on La Vie En Rose I have a track coming out with Litmus on a VA for Conspiracy also out in December. Following that up I have a solo EP which I have just finished for Conspiracy which is looking to be a January release. Later this Summer I’m looking to dedicate some proper time off and work towards my next body of work.