La Vie En Rose is talking to Sakro





1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE MEXICAN HOUSE SCENE AT THIS TIME? 



The Mexican scene is getting better and better, and stronger through the time and I hope it will be like this for the coming decades. All the artists, promoters and dancers are doing their own job and struggle to make some noise in the world. I’m very happy this is happening also in house music, it is so great to be playing in other cities and countries and coincide with friends from your hometown or nearby cities. Of course not everybody has the same sound or vibe, some producers are working together, some others make music and stuff by themselves, but things are working. 

Mexico’s sound for me now is what happens at the BPM festival, which is more like deep-house, not that vintage or stripped down as I would like it to be. But there are still great producers in the Detroit house or Chicago style, from Tijuana to Playa del Carmen. 

Also the arrival of Boiler Room is showing the world what is going on in Mexico, from the most famous artists to the unknown. 

But yeah I think it would be great if we as Mexican artists start making more music and let the it speak for itself. Not expecting to be in any one style or genre, or to be liked by anyone. Let’s do what we feel and if we can’t find our music mates inside 
Mexico let’s try outside. 



2) CONCERNING YOUR STYLE, WHERE IS THIS « 90s VINTAGE HOUSE » COMING FROM ? TELL US YOUR INFLUENCES & INSPIRATIONS 



Well I never planned to do a vintage 90s sound. I just started making music and this is what my mind came up with. I always liked the sound of Chicago and Detroit. Melancholic Rhodes and jazzy drums fusioned with the pumpin’ 909 was what satisfied me at the beginning. Now with time I have a broader musical taste, maybe a bit darker too. I always tried to make music that I would like to play, cause I like to play not only deep house, but also tech-house, micro house or Chicago style. So I try to make music for every time of the night, from the beginning, to peak time, the end or in the mornings. My biggest inspiration as producers are Shure Ludovic Navarre, Greg Cash, Glenn Underground, Moodyman, Ron Trent, Paul Johnson, Boo Williams, Ricardo Villalobos, Baby Ford, Chez Damier, Andrés, Fresh & Low, Mood II Swing, The Timewritter, Kings of Tomorrow, Pepé Bradock, not forgetting Thomas Bangalter. 



3)WILL YOU PLAY AT BPM THIS YEAR ? AND WHERE ? 



Well I don’t know yet, I would love to for sure. Still figuring out if is gonna happen this year, last year happened but this year things have changed, maybe now at the BPM festival but at some other parties in BPM Festival season. Let’s see what happens. 



4)HOW DID U CONNECT WITH TERENCE & LA VIE EN ROSE ? 



I have been following the sound of La Vie En Rose for a long time, so once I had some material that I thought could fit the label, I did a little research and I reached out to Terence. I sent him my music, he liked it, and after some months he told me to release on La Vie En Rose with the material. I was happy that he asked, and now the release is going to happen. I think the label is great, I love the music and I feel so fulfilled to release music in La Vie En Rose…. I feel honoured. 



5) PICK YOUR 5 FAVORITES ALBUMS OF YOUR LIFE? 



I don’t wanna pick the order, but the albums would be. 



Saint Germain – Tourist 

Paul Johnson – Bump Talkin 

Robag Wruhme – Thora Vukk 

Moodymann – Black Mahogani 

Daft Punk – Homework

____________

Sakro online



______________